Larson Forum
"I won't travel

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Larson Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
DMT

BerichtGeplaatst: 25-08-2018 07:35:22    Onderwerp: "I won't travel Reageren met citaat
SAPPORO, Japan, Feb. 18 (Xinhua) -- Chinese short track speed skater Fan Kexin expects to rule the women's 500-meter at the upcoming Asian Winter Games, the 23-year-old said here on Saturday.

The Chinese delegation held its flag-raising ceremony earlier Saturday, and the short track national team all took part.

"I want a better finish than the last Asiad," said Fan, who claimed the 1,000m silver medal at Sochi Winter Games in 2014. "Last time I took a silver in 500m and we won the relay."

Fan could have won an Olympic gold in Sochi where she was tipped a hot favorite, but she accidentally fell in the 500m final before teammate Li Jianrou took the title.

"It has been three years since the Sochi Games. It is not a regret, actually it is a lesson," said Fan, who won the 500m at the 2016 Worlds.

"I have set the target of winning an Olympic title a long time ago. Failing to win it in Sochi let me know that I still need to practise and need to improve. Of course, I want to win a gold in Pyeongchang 2018."

The short track team arrived at Sapporo on Friday and the competition starts on Monday, which means they only have two days to get familiar with the venue.

"I don't think it is a problem," said Fan. "Because most teams are like us. It is quite fair."

Fan has been tipped as the leader of the short track team but says she does not think herself is a leader.

"I have been with the national team the longest, but I am not a leader, because I don't have any persuasive result," she said. "I have never won an Olympic gold."

The 8th Asian Winter Games kicks off on Sunday and will end on Feb. 26.

PARIS Nike Blazer Basse PRM Campus Rosse Bianche Italia , June 2 (Xinhua) -- Following are the collated results of the 2017 French Open tennis tournament at Roland Garros on Friday (prefix number denotes seeding):

Men's singles third round

Horacio Zeballos, Argentina, bt 10-David Goffin, Belgium, 4-5, retired

20-Pablo Carreno Busta, Spain, bt 11-Grigor Dimitrov, Bulgaria, 7-5, 6-3, 6-4

17-Roberto Bautista Agut Nike Blazer Basse PRM Nere Bianche Italia , Spain, bt Jiri Vesely, Czech Republic, 6-3, 6-4, 6-3

4-Rafael Nadal, Spain, bt Nikoloz Basilashvili, Georgia, 6-0, 6-1, 6-0

6-Dominic Thiem Uomo Balenciaga Triple S Basse Top Nere Italia , Austria, bt 25-Steve Johnson, United States, 6-1, 7-6 (4), 6-3

5-Milos Raonic, Canada, bt Guillermo Garcia-Lopez, Spain, 6-1, 1-0, retired

2-Novak Djokovic Balenciaga Speed Trainer Knit Alte Runner Bianche Italia , Serbia, bt Diego Schwartzman, Argentina, 5-7, 6-3, 3-6, 6-1, 6-1

19-Albert Ramos-Vinolas, Spain, bt 16-Lucas Pouille, France, 6-2 Uomo Nike Air Presto Flyknit Ultra Alte Bianche Italia , 3-6, 5-7, 6-2, 6-1

Women's singles third round

4-Garbine Muguruza, Spain, bt 27-Yulia Putintseva, Kazakhstan, 7-5, 6-2

Jelena Ostapenko, Latvia, bt Lesia Tsurenko, Ukraine Nike Air Presto Flyknit Ultra Bianche Italia , 6-1, 6-4

13-Kristina Mladenovic, France, bt Shelby Rogers, United States, 7-5, 4-6, 8-6

23-Sam Stosur, Australia, bt Bethanie Mattek-Sands, United States, 6-2 Nike Air Presto BR Rosse Italia , 6-2

8-Svetlana Kuznetsova, Russia, bt 32-Zhang Shuai, China, 7-6 (5), 4-6, 7-5

10-Venus Williams, United States, bt Elise Mertens, Belgium, 6-3, 6-1

30-Timea Bacsinszky Nike Air Presto Uncaged Ultra Rosse Italia , Switzerland, bt Ons Jabeur, Tunisia, 6-2, 6-2

11-Caroline Wozniacki, Denmark, leads CiCi Bellis, United States, 6-2, 2-5, suspended due to darkness

Chinese premier attends 19th China-EU leaders' meeting in Brussels

Baoji-Lanzhou high-speed railway starts test runs of whole line

Candidates relax themselves ahead of China's College Entrance Examination

Italian museums collected exhibits to meet public in N China

Musicians of Moscow military music school take part in street concert

Musical held in Estonia to mark Int'l Children's Day

Colorful salt lakes seen in Yuncheng city, China's Shanxi

In pics: scenery of Sayram Lake in China's Xinjiang

Rescue workers from Syria's White Helmets group - the subject of an Oscar-nominated documentary - will not attend this weekend's Academy Awards ceremony because of intensified regime bombing and a rejected passport.

Raed Saleh and fellow White Helmet member Khaled Khatib had been set to attend Sunday's ceremony in Hollywood Uomo Nike Air Presto Blu Italia , where The White Helmets is short-listed for best short documentary.

"After 3 days at airport, not allowed to travel to #oscars2017 - had US visa - but passport not accepted. Sad, but important work to do here," Khatib tweeted Saturday from Istanbul airport, Turkey.

US Customs and Border Protection spokesman Michael Friel said that "individuals need valid documents to travel to the United States," declining to comment further.

Earlier, Saleh told AFP he wasn't going because of a heavy workload "due to intensified regime strikes on the provinces of Damascus, Daraa and Homs."

"There are many things that have to be done on the ground, such as managing operations and providing emergency vehicles," he added.

Khatib, who shot much of the footage, had obtained a US visa but cited the same reasons earlier for not traveling.

"I won't travel
to OSCAR due to intensity of work Nike Air Presto BR Marina Italia , our priority is helping our people," he tweeted in English.

"I was going to leave on Tuesday, but there was too much work because of the bombing," Khatib told AFP by telephone.

"I'm also working on producing another film about the White Helmets that has to be ready in two weeks. I will not go."

The two rescuers had feared they could be barred from attending the ceremony because of US President Donald Trump's late January executive order imposing a 90-day entry ban for citizens of seven Muslim majority countries, including Syria.

The ban has since been lifted by a US federal court, and on February 18 the pair received their visas.

More than 310,000 people have died since Syria's conflict erupted in March 2011, and more than half of the country's citizens have been forced to flee their homes.

PARIS, Dec. 10 (Xinhua) -- Radamel Falcao netted a . Cheap Hawks Jerseys Cheap Grizzlies Jerseys Cheap Los Angeles Clippers Jerseys Cheap Boston Celtics Jerseys Cheap Cleveland Cavaliers Jerseys Wholesale Bulls Jerseys Wholesale Bucks Jerseys Wholesale Thunder Jerseys Wholesale Washington Wizards Jerseys Wholesale Golden State Warriors Jerseys
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Larson Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: